Monday, March 15, 2010

Psalm 57

Church was awesome yesterday ! I always find myself leaving Elevation feeling like God told me exactly what I needed to hear at that time. We are so blessed to go to a church that not only teaches from the bible but makes everything relative to modern day life. The message yesterday focused on Psalm 57. There are times in our life when we may be surrounded by people who gossip about us or criticize us. Rather than answering in hateful words we can do like David did in Psalm 57 and talk to God about it. Chris and I experienced this in a big way last Summer. There have been so many times over the last few months that I have felt like "helping God out" and telling the people that hurt our family exactly how I feel about them. But when I really think about it I now that the best thing to do is just be quiet and praise God realizing that our confidence is in his love and faithfulness. It is kind of like Pastor Steven said yesterday "God takes us on some strange routes that we may not understand but it is because he can see our destination and we can not". Who knows maybe those "strange routes" are to protect us from things that could have been even worse. In times of suffering we have to remember instead of turning inward to self pity or outward to revenge, turn upward to God.

HIS WAY
HIS WILL
HIS TIMING
I will be posting the message from yesterday later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment