Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I just had a reminder of how amazing God is. I have been praying for awhile now for Jordan to be able to participate in a running program. He has had a hard time since we moved and he is now being home schooled. He really missed running with a team but so far we have not been able to find a track or cross country team that is not part of the public school system. Anyway today I decided to use our one week free trial with Snap Fitness. This in itself a miracle because I do not like gyms, I don't know what it is but I have just never felt comfortable exercising in a public place. I know that God sometimes calls us to step out of our "comfort zone" and so when Jordan asked me for the 1ooth time to take him to the gym I decided I would bite the bullet and do it. We got there at 10:00 and there was a sign on the door that they would not be open today until 11:00 for family reasons. I initially thought that it was probably a sign that I do not belong at the gym but we took Chris his lunch and went back afterwards anyway. The lady that was filling in for the regular manager happened to have two daughters that run cross country and track and compete with the Charlotte Panthers Track Club. She gave me the number to coach and even offered to carpool with me! We had never even heard of the Charlotte Panthers track team but apparently they have some pretty fast runners and even compete nationally. I have already emailed the coach and Madison decided she would like to try it out too. This is a good reminder to me that God does answer prayers he just does it in his time not ours.

Mathew 7:7-8 Keep on asking and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking and you will find. Keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks the door will be opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment