Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day




My Mothers day was so great! Chris got me Strawberry Cream Cheese stuffed french toast from my favorite restaurant in Davidson. It is a little place called toast and they have awesome breakfasts. Madison and Jordan both gave me really nice cards that they made. Madisons said that she could not afford to buy me anything but she would do anything that I wanted to help out. She put in parenthesis "restrictions may apply" She is quite the comedian! We had an amazing Mothers day service at church, the message was great as usual and they gave out hand painted chocolates to all of the moms. That was a sure sign that God was in the house yesterday!!! I included pictures of the chocolates, they not only looked gorgeous but they tasted better than any chocolate I have ever had. They were also giving free massages to all of the moms but I chose to pass that one up. I am really not in to letting strangers touch me, I think it is some sort of phobia.... I was just good with the chocolates.
We had lunch at "Nothing But Noodles" and then went home to relax. Chris got me a new outfit for running so I decided I would go use that after about 10 minutes of relaxing. We went to the track and raced, I came so close to running as fast as Chris but no such luck. I don't think that he would ever let that happen, not good for the ego! We are both really sore today though.
It was my first Mother's day that Spencer was not here. It was kind of strange but I am looking forward to seeing him at graduation in just a few weeks.
I really wish that my mom could have been here too. We are going to celebrate on June 2nd! It is going to be so nice to have a 4 day vacation with the whole family. I am still praying that Elizabeth will be able to come, her grandparents do not want her to. I keep praying that their eyes will be opened and they will see how much damage they are doing by not letting Elizabeth know the rest of her family. It is hard at times to not give up but we just keep finding strength in knowing that God will provide. I think the devil can see that Elizabeth and Chris are so close to having a good relationship that he will step in and mess it all up. I am so glad that we serve a God that is so good. As my favorite song says" If our God is for us than who can ever stop us and if our God is with us than who can stand against? I think that pretty much says it all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment